Company of Chartered Architects uses Temple Bar as its logo and
the centrepiece of its coat of arms. The monument was the last surviving
gateway into the City of London until it was removed in 1878 to
improve traffic flow. The Company has helped to secure its return
and has worked with other Companies to ensure that the small room
above the arch was made useable for occasional purposes. A generous
financial contribution has helped meet the cost of the commissioned
furniture in the Chamber.